Senior Scientist - Mass Spectrometry Imaging
Departmental Job Title: Senior Scientist - Mass Spectrometry Imaging
Division/Department: MS Imaging Services
Reports to: Manager of MS Imaging
Protea Biosciences provides innovative mass spectrometry imaging technologies, LAESI and MALDI MSI, proteomics, protein characterization and small molecule analysis. Our interdisciplinary team offers the expertise to support researchers’ projects and help accelerate drug discovery and characterization. Protea delivers the highest quality data from state-of-the-art approaches providing customers with confidence and confidentiality.
Protea is seeking a dynamic individual to fill the role of Senior Scientist in Mass Spectrometry Imaging. The scientist is responsible for mass spectrometry imaging projects, which would include method development, sample preparation, operation of analytical instrumentation, and reporting of data.
- Responsible for designing experiments to address customer questions, marketing requests and new applications in mass spectrometry imaging
- Learn and apply techniques in mass spectrometry imaging including MALDI and LAESI or other analytical techniques as required
- Complete projects successfully within the realm of service projects, application notes, proof-of-concepts, new method development, and collaboration projects
- Data analysis, project reports, and discussion of data with clients
- PhD in analytical chemistry or related field
- Three years or greater in field of mass spectrometry
- Knowledge, understanding, and experience with mass spectrometry imaging is preferred but not required.
- Experience with sample preparation (i.e. tissue sectioning) is preferred but not required.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and communication skills required.
- Willingness to learn, assist others, and thrive in an enthusiastic team environment.
- Must be goal oriented and have high attention to detail to all responsibilities assigned.
- Technical writing and troubleshooting capabilities are required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize workload is required.
Mental and Physical Demands:
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs and stand for an extended period of time.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. This job description is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with this position.
- All employment offers will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check [employment, education, and criminal] and pre-employment drug testing conducted in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
- All employees, upon hire, are required to present original documentation to complete a USCIS Form I-9 (Employment Eligibility Verification form). Protea participates in E-Verify to confirm work authorization.